Friday, November 12, 2010

Transitions

In our reading, it talked a lot about transitions. I thought I knew most things about transitions, however, I learned a lot from the reading. Transitions makes words, sentences, and ideas flow from paragraph to paragraph. The words themselves may be simple, but "they have different functions and uses, with subtle differences even between words as close in meanings as but and yet." For me, transitional words are very important when I'm writing a paper, because they can make or break your paper. For example, expressions like first, second, third should go in the beginning of sentences, not in the middle or at the end. If transitional words are not used properly, then there is really no point in using them at all. I also learned that it is best to reread your paper aloud to test the use of the transitions, because as you read it may be easier to point out whether or not a transitional word works. http://larae.net/write/transition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment