Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sources

In the reading for this week we read about sources and how to tell whether or not they are legitimate sources. It says that when you find a source, you should look at the title and then browse through it quickly for key terms. I usually do that when I am researching materials for my papers or homework. In the reading it also says you should check who published and produced the source. I never check that, however, I realized if you are using a source from CNN or the U.S. government, then it is most likely a legitimate source. Otherwise you could be using something from Wikipedia where there is no known source and everything could be made up. Also, it says to look at who wrote the work you are looking at and if you do not know the author, you could always Google the person to see how legitimate he/she is. Likewise, I learned that you should check to see how old a source is before using it because you want to base your research on the latest information. http://www.usg.edu/galileo/skills/unit09/

No comments:

Post a Comment