Thursday, November 4, 2010

HTWA

In our reading, there was an excerpt "Ad Report Card: Mac Attack." This is an online magazine article grading the new Apple Mac commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5skuYPa_fY I liked this reading a lot because well everything the author said in it was true. I myself use a PC, and it did not make me want to buy a Mac, it made me feel bad for the PC and want to buy that. Although it seems that Macs are definitely better, faster, and easier, I still love my little old PC. The person who is playing the Mac (Justin Long) is too perfect for the role. "...is just the sort of unshaven, hoodie-wearing, hands-in-pockets hipster we've always imagined when picturing  a Mac enthusiast. He's perfect. Too perfect." That quote from the reading is very true because if Apple wanted to expand their market, and open up to different people, Justin Long is not the right actor for it. This ad got a C+ from the author and I have to agree with him. This ad goes along with the reading in our book because it has to do with rhetorical analysis, which is an argument that takes a close look at the strategies within a text; it lists and describes specific techniques  that a writer, speaker, editor, or advertiser has employed and then assesses their effectiveness. The Mac add, however, in my opinion does not make me want to buy the Mac, or watch the commercial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment