Thursday, October 14, 2010

While reading in my Embracing Writing book, I came across a passage called "Layering the Details." I really enjoyed reading this passage because I had never understood the point of detailing while writing. In the reading it explained that you should describe all physical features, dress, smell, mannerisms, how a person talks, and so on, because it will make the reading more enjoyable for the audience. I usually don't ever fully detail my writing so after reading this it was clear that if I want to become a better writer, I need to describe every little detail. Great detailing will allow the audience to see what you were seeing, feel what you were feeling, smell the scent, and point out a specific person in a crowded room. This reading convinced me to start detailing all of my writing assignments from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment